ECIS2022 Art of Science Image Contest
ECIS 2022 participants are encouraged to showcase the beauty of scientific imaging by entering the first Art of Science Image Contest!
Submissions for contest are accepted from May 15 until July 24 via the ECIS abstract submission portal online. Instructions regarding uploading the final file to be in contest will be soon available. Maximum file size is 40 Mb. The file should be at least 300 dpi.
- Please enter your Member Account via the on-line system of the Conference web page (Submit an abstract),
- During the submission you will be requested to:
- Indicate the type of presentation (oral or poster) you have received,
- Among the awards, please select the “Frontiers in Chemistry: 2 awards in the Art of Science Image Contest”,
- If you wish to apply for more multiple Awards, please follow this procedure separately for each Award,
- Include just your abstract’s ID number where you would put its title,
- Upload a simplified version of your final pdf file with maximum size 1 Mb,
- Indicate only the Presenter and not all Authors.
A panel of judges will select 10 images, which will be then placed on display at the Exhibit Hall during the Conference, where participants will be able to vote on site via a simple online exit poll (1st – 2nd choice). The 10 finalists will be notified via email and their works will also be displayed at the conference website. First place prize is 300 Euro and second place is 200 Euro. Winners will be announced at the Gala Dinner.
Judging is based on scientific significance, originality, and artistic and/or visual impact. Images submitted for competition may be obtained using any imaging technique, may be false colored, or may be a combination/collage of multiple images into one artistic image. All images must have a connection to the theme of colloids and interfaces. A short legend describing the imaging technique and the topic and sample(s) must accompany submission (max 400 words).